As an independent, family owned company Hook Norton Brewery is always looking for motivated individuals who are keen to work hard within a small but committed team of people who are passionate about what they do and what they produce.
Hook Norton is an equal opportunities employer.
Hours of work – 40 hours per week, annualised
Salary – Commensurate with experience
Reporting to – Head Coachman
Aim of the post
To provide a high level of care for our working horses both at the Brewery and when away at events. Aid with the smooth running of the stable yard and facilities. Promote the role of the working Shire horse at Hook Norton Brewery. Carriage driving and/or heavy horse experience preferred but not essential. Please note there is no living accommodation available.
• Maintain routine stable duties, inclusive of mucking out, poo picking, feed, watering and field maintenance. As well as maintaining effect worming, dentistry and vaccination records.
• Routine cleaning and maintenance of driving harness and drays.
• Assist with routine disinfecting and maintenance duties within the stable block.
• Assist the Head Coachman when delivering, exercising and with the training of young horses.
• Identify and address any horse welfare concerns, under the direction of the Head Coachman, with appropriate referral to other industry professionals when necessary.
• To assist the brewery in its day-to-day operations, supporting the main brewery team when required.
• Maintain the stable block to an exceptionally high standard of cleanliness, at a standard suitable for public viewing.
• Ensure the safety and well-being of the horses, staff and general public when both on-site and at events off-site.
• Accompany our working horses to shows, demonstrations, pub open days and other public relation events, inclusive of early mornings and weekend working.
• Engage with the public as part of the Hook Norton Brewery Tour, promoting the ethos of the brewery, in a professional, courteous and approachable manner.
• Assist with the delivery and collection of beer.
• Ensure horses are turned out to the highest of standards for show and promotional work, as well as maintaining a high level of turnout for daily deliveries and exercise.
• To undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required within the scope and level of the post.
Please email a covering letter and your CV to our Head Coachman at Nicholas.Carter@hooky.co.uk
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org