JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH HOOK NORTON
WORK WITH US
As an independent, family owned company Hook Norton Brewery is always looking for motivated individuals who are keen to work hard within a small but committed team of people who are passionate about what they do and what they produce.
Hook Norton is an equal opportunities employer.
General Manager at the Pear Tree, Hook Norton
Public house managers are responsible for the commercial success of a pub or bar. In this management position you would oversee the running of all aspects of the business, including front-of-house work, staff recruitment, accounting, stock control and possibly additional duties like marketing and advertising.
Being a pub manager requires strong management, commercial and practical skills. You’ll have to constantly adapt to ensure that the pub is profitable, pleasant and safe and that it is run in accordance with the law and ethical guidelines.
As the sale of alcohol is restricted in the UK, pubs, restaurants, shops and other premises must be licensed by the local authority. As a pub manager, ideally, you’ll have a personal licence to sell alcohol.
In general, your duties will include:
- interacting with customers (including serving food and drink) and ensuring that high standards of customer service are maintained
- taking responsibility for pub safety and security, including recruiting and managing security staff in large or centrally-based pubs
- making sure you comply with health and safety regulations at all times in the pub, kitchen and other areas
- organising and advertising entertainment such as live music events, comedy nights, quizzes and karaoke competitions, which may involve researching and recruiting talent
- knowledge and experience in managing letting rooms would be preferable.
- running promotional campaigns to market house products
- collecting and acting on customer feedback to improve the overall running of the venue
- analysing the data from stock checks, placing orders with suppliers and restocking (which involves physical work)
- ensuring regular maintenance of the premises, including cleaning and repairs
- recruiting, training and managing staff, including leading meetings to update and motivate staff
- monitoring profitability and performance to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded
- meeting with the operations manager to assess pub performance and set sales targets
- maintaining relations with members of the local community, the police and liquor licensing authorities.
- Salary of up to£28,000 (dependent upon experience levels) plus accommodation above the premises.
If you are interested in applying for any of our vacancies please send your C.V and covering letter to email@example.com
Event & Wedding Planner
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event and wedding planner to work within our Malthouse to help manage events including private parties, corporate events, business meetings, conferences and weddings.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicise event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Report directly to the General Manager.
- Assist with Brewery events both on and off site.
- Attend wedding fairs, trade shows and exhibitions
- Produce list of nominated and trusted suppliers for corporate events and weddings
- Assist in the shop and MaltHouse restaurant where required.
- Minimum 2 years proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef with a passion for food for our Malthouse restaurant.
As Head Chef your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop our kitchen team, both full time and casual.
- Work with the General Manager on implementing new menus and processes.
- Assess, negotiate and work with suppliers, to receive the best quality produce and the best market price, adhering to budgets and due diligence.
- Liaise with suppliers – Manage all food procurement, stock inwards, stock management and minimise wastage.
- Manage staffing rotas, hours, holidays, lieu days and cover
- Control and minimise all kitchen associated costs without detriment to the business or service.
- Ensure the kitchen operates efficiently and budgets are managed successfully.
- Hold regular team meetings and briefing to ensure good team communication and cascade of information.
- Ability to calculate margins on a dish by dish basis.
- Aware of market trends with the ability to adapt.
- Flexibility in working hours and location as the business dictates.
- Head chef: 3 years (Required) or would consider Sous Chef looking to make the step up.
- Experience of catering for functions and events would be an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for any of our vacancies please send your C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org