JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH HOOK NORTON
WORK WITH US
As an independent, family owned company Hook Norton Brewery is always looking for motivated individuals who are keen to work hard within a small but committed team of people who are passionate about what they do and what they produce.
Hook Norton is an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef with a passion for food for our Malthouse restaurant.
As Head Chef your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop our kitchen team, both full time and casual.
- Work with the General Manager on implementing new menus and processes.
- Assess, negotiate and work with suppliers, to receive the best quality produce and the best market price, adhering to budgets and due diligence.
- Liaise with suppliers – Manage all food procurement, stock inwards, stock management and minimise wastage.
- Manage staffing rotas, hours, holidays, lieu days and cover
- Control and minimise all kitchen associated costs without detriment to the business or service.
- Ensure the kitchen operates efficiently and budgets are managed successfully.
- Hold regular team meetings and briefing to ensure good team communication and cascade of information.
- Ability to calculate margins on a dish by dish basis.
- Aware of market trends with the ability to adapt.
- Flexibility in working hours and location as the business dictates.
- Head chef: 3 years (Required) or would consider Sous Chef looking to make the step up.
- Experience of catering for functions and events would be an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for any of our vacancies please send your C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org